Kenya Airways plans a route network review program that will affect a few of the routes in its network. The network review is routine and is informed by the return to air travel as the aviation industry recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a result some routes will have frequency increment, frequency reduction, schedule changes, suspension and postponement of route opening.
The route network review program will affect both local and international routes and will be adjusted as the world continues to open up and opportunities for growth continue to show themselves.
1. Frequency increase for London route throughout Winter from planned 5 times weekly to daily
marking the fastest recovery to pre-Covid schedule.
2. Operation day change for Juba-Khartoum route to cater for Sudan Weekends (Fridays and
Saturdays) by operating on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays effective 20th Feb 2022.
3. Reduction of frequencies on Nairobi-Kisumu over low season from 26 times to 17 times weekly
from 15th Feb 2022.
4. Postponement of Italy launch previously planned from 8th June 2022. The postponement is in
light of reduced passenger demand as a result of slower than expected recovery from the
COVID-19 pandemic and the heightened political environment in Kenya. We continue to serve
Italy through our European destinations: London Paris and Amsterdam connecting to our
SkyTeam Partner Airlines, ITA (Italia Trasporto Aereo ) and Air France-KLM.
5. Suspension of Yaoundé destination- date for closure TBA.