An American Express card, also known as an “AMEX” card, is an electronic payment card branded by the publicly traded American financial services company American Express. The company issues and processes prepaid, charge, and credit cards. American Express cards are available to individuals, small businesses, and corporate consumers around the globe. In Kenya, the cards are only issued in partnership with Equity Bank.
A Card is a convenient way to pay for purchases. It eliminates the need to carry cash and can be used to make payments online, over the phone or in person. It can even use it to pay for goods and services in other countries. There are numerous advantages to having an AMEX Card – most offer benefits such as rewards, travel protection and purchase protection.
Equity offers the Equity Bank American Express® Gold and Green Cards. Equity Bank American Express® Card holders have a lot to celebrate as the use of their cards earns them points which are redeemable for products or experiences at their preferred merchant locations including hotels, airlines, electronic stores, pharmacies and so much more.
While utilizing your American Express Card, members earn 1 point for every Kes 100 spent on POS/Ecommerce & 1 point for every Kes 500 withdrawn from the ATM. A welcome bonus is granted to new American Express Green Card members, you earn 1,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend Kes 30,000 in your first three months of Card membership.
If you opt for the American Express Gold Card as a new member, you earn 8,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend Kes 150,000 in your first three months of Card membership.
Card Holders can view their cumulative points earned by logging into a dedicated customer portal (https://mycardaccount.equitybankgroup.com/) which helps them know how many points they have and the various items you can redeem them for.
The points can then be redeemed for exciting items such as:
- Outlet Gift Cards
- Samsung Electronic such as phones
- Apple products such as Air pods and iPhones
- Versace Bags
- JBL Soundbars
- Citizen watches
- Sony Electronics
The redemption process is simple. To log into your membership account >>http://www.rewards.equitybankgroup.com/ click View and redeem rewards >> search and select the item that is satisfactory to you >>select the pay with points option at the bottom of the item. (Click for Redeem video).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrIRAlRD9YYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrIRAlRD9YY
If you are thinking of getting an AMEX card, here are some reasons why you should:
- Users enjoy a 50 days interest-free credit period
- When you pay for your travel using your Equity Bank American Express® Green or Gold Card you are provided with Travel Insurance and support whether you are in Kenya or abroad. AMEX ensures that you are covered in case of any travel inconvenience or travel accidents.
- Purchase protection of items bought using your American Express Card. T&C’s Apply!
- Users can easily track and manage their spend and payments as they receive instant SMS notices of transactions.
- Users enjoy flexible monthly repayment options of 20%,50% or 100%.
- The American Express Cards are 3D secure thus customers receive an OTP code to complete and confirm transactions.
- Both the Equity Bank American Express® Green & Gold Card are accepted worldwide
- Your first two supplementary Cards are free for Gold Card holders.
For many of us, cards are a part of everyday life. There is a high chance you have a card or two in your wallet that you pull out to make your everyday purchases. AMEX cards offer additional luxury like utilizing the airport VIP lounge during travel giving you the comfort you deserve as you await your flight. You also have the freedom to pay for your goods and services conveniently as you visit different destinations around the world, whether for business or pleasure simply because you own a credit card.
Credit cards present these and more advantages to users when utilized responsibly.Responsible usage of credit cards means planned usage of the card while building your credit card limit.With credit card holders having access to their transaction statements online, customers can plan how to efficiently pay their credit card bills on time.
With majority of the world moving to cashless payments a credit card ensures you keep up with this trend, eliminates the worry of carrying large sums of money for payments and gives you ample time to plan and repay your credit card bills. You can get an AMEX card by logging into https://www.americanexpress.com/en-ke/network/credit-cards/equity-bank/