Ecobank Kenya, part of the leading Pan-African Banking Group,Ecobank Group, has been named Best Treasury & Cash Management Bank 2022 in Kenya, by Global Finance’s prestigious Treasury & Cash Management Awards 2022.
Cheick Travaly, Managing Director, Ecobank Kenya, and Regional Executive, CESA, said: “This award exemplifies the superior investments we have made in our cash management solutions for our business customers over the years, more so during the pandemic period where they were fully leveraged. This, together with our innovative solutions, such as Ellevate for women-led/owned/focused businesses, demonstrates our commitment to nurturing and supporting Kenyan businesses whether they’re big, medium or small.”Judging of the awards was based on a multi-tiered assessment process – which included entries from banks and providers and input from industry analysts, corporate executives,
technology experts and independent research.
The judges also used a variety of criteria,including profitability, market share, customer service, product innovation and the extent to which providers have successfully differentiated themselves from their competitors.
Some of the pioneering solutions deployed by Ecobank under its cash management
• System integration with customers’ treasury management systems supported by an
open application programming interface (API) infrastructure
• Internet banking platforms that include Ecobank OmniPlus for corporate customers
and OmniLite for small to medium enterprises
• Merchant solutions such as EcobankPay (QR code), Point of Sale (POS) andeCommerce (Web acquiring)
• Biller solutions such as BankCollect and agency banking
• Mobile wallet payments and collections through partnerships with mobile network operators (MNOs)
The awards ceremony is to be held during the annual Sibos conference in Amsterdam, Netherlands in October 2022.